Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Saying Yes To My Future

September 11, 2008. A while ago, I was chatting with my office-mates as we waited for 5 pm. The topic drifted until we touched the issue of marriage ~ about the joys and hardships of getting into one and how much it takes to make one marriage work. Little did they know that I was in the middle of planning my own... It kept me thinking on my way home... Somehow, I felt a bit of pride and relief. It sank on to me. If not for destiny, I probably would have ended up with someone who would cheat and neglect me. Having gone through a failed relationship made me realize, I would have been very miserable now if things didn't end up the way it did. Looking back, I have nothing but gratitude for destiny on doing its part. Destiny surely saved me from a lot of pain and frustration.. When Leih came to my life, a lot of things started to change for the better... . I didn't imagine that someone could love me the way he does.. Leihson loves me so much. He literally does everything imaginable to make me happy... Despite the distance, I have always been his priority.. Never nya ako pinabayaan.. And I couldn't feel happier just knowing that he builds his dreams with me in it...

I used to feel hesitant about settling down. Knowing that once a woman gets married, she would have to leave her family to start a new one. But being an only child, I couldn't bear the idea of being separated from my parents... They are my life and leaving them would leave a deep hollow in me..

I am so happy to have someone like Leih understanding everything about me. He would tell me not to worry about a thing. Leih promised me that I wouldn't anymore be alone with my responsibilities as a daughter.. He often tells me, he will love everyone I love... That is why I feel so blessed with someone so kind and loving, parang ang hirap paniwalaan na meron pa palang ganitong lalake ngayon. And God sent me one....
Just as I'm writing this, I'm turning teary- eyed. I guess all my sacrifices in the past paid off... It's true after all, that what you did in the past will come back to you in two-fold... kase dumating na yong sa akin.. I'm glad I waited. I'm glad I took my time, 'coz everything turned out worth it in the end. Marami nang blessings na ibinigay ang Dyos sa akin na hindi ko na mabilang.. He's been so kind to me... Marrying Leih is probably one of the biggest decisions I have ever made in my life. but I'm happy and sure that I'm making the right one. It doesn't matter how simple the wedding will be, just as long as I'm marrying the right man. So I guess, it's a big bonus for me that he's giving me a dream fairytale wedding. I only have praises for Leih as he proved to me how responsible he is even with the preparations.. He is just as hands-on as I am.. I'm glad he's in my life now. I've never been so sure in my life.. my future just got better.... a way lot better...

No comments:

Post a Comment