Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Bride Wars Effect

I must admit, it's been a while since I last saw a real movie. I had tons of things to do and going out to chill has been more like a luxury for me the past few months.

This morning, after having done with my chores at home, I watched "Bride Wars" on DVD. Had I known this was a good one, I would have marched down Greenbelt to see it. It was funny and silly and emotionally dragging (at least some parts)... But it brought me down to a few tears, good thing Leih was nowhere to see my humiliating crying fiesta. Suddenly, I missed my best friends who are now living abroad. (sad).



It made me realize how weddings could bring so much pressure on brides.. Sometimes, girls tend to lose the very essence of why they're getting married by becoming so focused and sometimes even "OC" with the gown, the preparations and all. It's somehow saddening .... Being a coordinator myself and now a part of an online wedding community, I've seen a few who have turned into bridezillas..

I've seen brides-to-be going nuts over simple things like finding the "perfect dress," and bombarding everyone with worries about how their receptions are going to look like, and the list goes on.. Some even become so competitive with other brides... Personally, I think it's normal for every engaged woman to be this excited and inquisitive but not to the point that they'd "overkill" just to get their way.

I hope in the end, it's the real purpose of being blessed and becoming one with the " right man" than just wanting to be the center attraction of a big event. I hope we won't lose the very essence of why we're getting married in the first place..

After all, it's just one day, I have read this somewhere and this applies: "A wedding is just one day, a marriage is a lifetime..."


No comments:

Post a Comment